Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fun Night!



While Matt is in Ethiopia, we thought those of us left back here in the U.S. would also experience a little African culture (other than the African culture who wakes up in my house every morning).

We went to the Kenyan Jabali Afrika concert at the University. It was a lot of fun and it really made me miss Ethiopia.


All three of the kids really liked it and Grandma came along too! We also had our friends the Clarks and Schultz there.


I was most excited for Durant to see the show. He really liked it. During the whole thing he kept saying they're from my Africa, those are my friends, my big friends. They are from my Africa. Durant is very proud to be from Africa and loves when he can connect himself with that.

We do our best to try and keep African culture in Durant's life, but living in this part of WI that's pretty tough to do. So this was a great night for him!!!

Here's some other fun news, many of you know I am traveling to Ethiopia with my friend Mary when she goes to bring home her two sweet children. I have had the honor of spending time with these two and I can't wait to see them again. The new exciting news is that Mary will be bringing her son Noah along for the trip and I am bringing Carter along too! I am so excited to see how God works in Carter while he is in Ethiopia. I have wanted to bring him there since the first time I went. We are hoping to travel in April.

The two travelers!!

No comments: