Sunday, March 11, 2007

I'm kinda scared

So I know there are many things for me to be nervous about when it comes to this adoption, but I have to say one of my biggest fears is about the first time I'll meet Durant. Since he isn't a little baby, he's going to be aware of the fact that he was just handed over to a lady he doesn't know. I guess I just worry that he'll be scared of me. I wonder what he'll think when he leaves with me and stays overnight with me, a stranger. How scary is that going to be for him? I just want him to be able to feel safe and I know that will take some time.
I guess if I really should be worried about something, it should be the 20 hour plane ride with a 1 1/2 year old who doesn't speak the same language as me!!!!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

we found it, and really like your blog! it will be so fun to have to look back on. :) it was great hanging out with you guys today.