Sunday, June 3, 2007

Durant is here




Today at 4:30pm I got to meet Durant for the first time ever. It was the end of nap time, but he was still sleeping. They told me to just pick him up. So I did! He is so beautiful and super tiny. When he woke up, he didn't cry. He was a little hesitant, but he handled it well. By the time we left, he was laughing and feeling good. So it went really really well. It's such an amazing experience seeing your child for the first time. Their are no words to describe it.
Tonight has gone well. We got him some food which was so cute to watch him eat. We got him spaghetti cause that's what they said he liked. But when the meal came, all he did was rip tiny pieces of a bun off and dipped it in the sauce. Then he wanted my sandwich, but all he wanted was the bread so he could dip it! It was too cute!
He really likes to play with the cars I brought and he ate up all the cheerios right away. He can say Mama and Dada and throw a ball really well.
Thanks everyone for your prayers. It has gone really well.

3 comments:

the ewings said...

Nikki, So excited for you that you've finally held Durrant! He is precious! Thanks for the awesome coverage of your fabulous adventure. Continuing to pray for you all!

blessings, Chris

cj said...

Your joy is overwhelming!! I'm so happy for both of you. I can see that Durant is happy with his mom. God is good!! thank you for listening to Him!! I'm excited and honored to be Durant's grandma. love to you both. we miss you.
mom

Jess said...

Oh, how precious! Congratulations, Nikki!!