Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Last Day

Our last day in Ethiopia ended very sweet. The staff and children at KVI put on a closing ceremony for Carter and I. The kids sang, prayed, and my oldest son A shared a Bible verse for us. We all danced around, staff included, clapped, and sang! They cheered and chanted our names. I got to cut the bread and then it was served. They had presents for Carter and I. I got a traditional dress and Carter got a traditional shirt and a hat. Eyob and other staff members took turns saying very kind things about Carter and I. It ended with me saying a few words, crying (of course), and praying. It was such a special time!!

Again, it's so hard cause I have a ton of pictures from that night, but most of them have kids in them and I can't post them.




Carter hugging little brother good bye


Carter saying good bye to big brother

No comments: