Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day One in Ethiopia

I tried to blog while in Ethiopia, but it wasn't working, so here is the first post I sent.....


(On the plane to Ethiopia)

We made it to Ethiopia. We are all doing well!! Today we got to spend the whole day with A and F!! It was so much fun!! Carter loved meeting his brothers for the first time. After about 10 minutes of being at the orphanage Carter took off running with F and the rest of the kids. He fit right in like he'd been there his whole life!! It was crazy and so cool. Carter was born to take this trip to Ethiopia. He has such an amazing heart. He is loving it so much.
At one point there were some woman and children asking for food while we were in our van. Carter said Mom give them something. I dug out a few bars that I had on me and handed them to the people. While were driving away I noticed that Carter was crying. I said to him, it's hard to see isn't it? He said, I'm crying happy tears Mom cause we just fed 5 families.
Wow! Carter has already taught me a few things on this trip and I'm sure the lessons aren't done yet!!!


(seeing Ethiopia for the 1st time)


(Noah, Carter and Eyob)

It's so wonderful to watch Carter meet his brothers and instantly love them. He just opened his arms and hugged them. Held their hands, kissed them on the cheek. So beautiful!!


(Carter and F)


(Carter and F's hands)


(A and Carter playing soccer)

I can't post any of Carter with his two new bros faces though cause of the law. But I did get some pretty cute ones!! Once they pass court I'll be showing TONS of pictures of them!!!



(Mary and Noah with Nahom and Malet)

Thank you so much for all of your prayers! We had a wonderful trip!!

Update on Mary and the kids. Their Embassy appointment went well and they are about to get on a plane in just about an hour - Mary, Noah, and Malet!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Gosh, I met these little two while in Ethiopia. SOOO sweet and precious!! Im so happy to see them joining their new family!!

Anonymous said...

I get tears in my eyes when I read about Carter's love for his brothers and for people. God really knew what he was doing when He gave Carter to you and Matt. It is obvious that His favor is on your family as you stand up in your God-created identity and walk in obedience to Him!