Thursday, April 19, 2007

Feeling down

This week I was feeling a little down about not hearing a court date for Durant and of course that leads to feeling bad about other things and it got me thinking about the people out there that aren't as supportive of our family as we would hope. I read lots of other adoption blogs and my favorite part to read about is when they travel to Ethiopia to bring their children home. Well many of them end their journey with a huge homecoming at the airport with banners and tons of people to welcome them home. It's so wonderful to read about. I know this is silly, but it makes me wonder about the people in my family that might not show up at the airport and that just makes me sad. But then once again, God showed up and had this happen just to remind me of all that I have.....
Tonight we had some friends over for supper, friends we haven't known very long or even very well yet. So this just meant so much to us when they not only brought over supper, but they also brought gifts for each of our kids. Matching pajama's for Carter and Durant and a cute little outfit for Ana. It just reminded me in this week of quietness with no court date for Durant, that we are loved and cared about by so many people. I just want to say thanks to all of you who are supporting us through your thoughts and kind words and prayers. We appreciate it so much. There are so many of you that are so excited for us. It helps to fill the void of the others that aren't so supportive.
Thank you so much!

No comments: