Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Donations for Addis

I better get this out since I could be traveling in six weeks!!
I decided to put this list on my blog instead of email it out to those of you who are interested cause this way you don't have to feel any pressure in donating anything. Only if you want to and I'd be honored to be apart of helping you leave your mark on Africa!!
Thanks everyone for your support and love we greatly appreciate it!!!

Diaper cream
Jump Ropes (Double Dutch too)
Balls (deflated soccer balls are one idea)
Rubber Gloves
Cotton Balls (light,cheap,and easy to pack)
School Supplies such as:
Pencils
markers
crayons
notebooks
paper
feel free to get other things not on the list!!!


Donations need to be things you would know how to use without reading the directions, since they do not speak English. Also my case worker said toys for individual play aren't needed as the children play together. Imagine that!!!!
Let me know if you have any questions.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Hey Nik

Where are the items used/sent? I'd be happy to make a donation. I'll be sure to get it to you before you leave!

Nikki said...

The items will be donated to my agency's care center, AHOPE (orphanage for children with HIV), and the local hospitals.
Thanks for the donations.

Laurie said...

Hey Nikki

I have read through all your blogs. This will be a great way to keep in contact with us back here while you are in Ethiopia. I hope that it will work for you. I enjoy reading your site.
Thanks for sharing it with me!

Heather said...

nik
we'll donate and Jessie's shelter is gathering items for you to bring as well.