Wednesday, May 2, 2007

One of those moments...

The other day I had a rather rough encounter with someone and it left me feeling hurt, sad, and just defeated. I'm not going to go into details, but as you can probably guess, it had something to do with our adoption.
As I was driving away from this situation I was feeling down and kept reminding myself that this is right, this is what God wants for us, and we are walking in His favor. Well when I reached my destination, I ran into my best friend (we don't live by each other), one of the few people in this world who really knows me and gets me. We got to talk for a little bit and I got to show her new pictures of Durant. Of course, she's super excited and thinks he's adorable. It was exactly what I needed.
And it was one of those moments where you just know that God is looking out for you and everything will be alright.

2 comments:

Christy said...

i'm sorry you had to go through that, but i'm glad that you were encouraged right afterward. talk to you soon...

Paula said...

Nikki,

This made me sad. We are all of one race--the human race! I'm glad God put someone in your path to help defeat the negativity.

Love,
Paula