Monday, May 28, 2007

The time has come

December 11th, 2006 Matt and I sent our application to CWA to begin the process of adopting a little boy from Ethiopia. Less then six months later, I am about to get on a plane and fly to Ethiopia to meet our little boy for the first time.
I can't believe that this part of my journey is almost over. And the next part is about to begin. Reflecting back on this adoption, I realize that Matt and I have gone through a lot. We've been challenged many times as to why we want to do this, why now, why Ethiopia, just why? We've had to fight for our family over and over again. But, it's okay. It's been really good for us. We know our family is so worth the fight. We will continue to fight for each other and our children always.
We know that this is what God wants for our lives and we are walking in His favor.
I know I've said this before, but thank you for all of your wonderful support and for your understanding of who we are and why we make the choices we make. We appreciate you all so much. Your love and kindness does not go unnoticed!!!
Thank you!!! Thank you!! Thank you!!
I'm off to get our little boy......

No comments: