Monday, April 9, 2007

God always shows up

I shouldn't be surprised by this, but even though I trust God to show up when we need Him, I'm always still amazed when He does. I just wanted to share a few ways God has shown up recently.
* As some of you know, due to our soon to be larger family we need a new vehicle (neither of ours will fit our new family). Last week out of the blue while Matt was driving the Explorer a friend of his stopped him and basically said he'd like to buy it for a very reasonable price!! This is so awesome and we could really use the money to put on a new vehicle.
* Another awesome thing is a very generous friend of mine has offered to pay for my entire week at the Hilton in Ethiopia. This will save us about $1200!!! So wonderful and such a surprise!!
* In the mail, I received a great big box full of boy clothes that was mailed to me by a CWA friend I've never even met!! Plus, several others have brought over gifts just for the fun of it. All for Durant!!
All of this has happened in the last two weeks! God is so awesome and we trust Him to continue to provide for us. Currently we are waiting to hear back from two grants we applied for to help us fund the last bit of our adoption. We're excited to see how God will provide for this last part.....

2 comments:

cj said...

Nikki,

You are so right, "God always shows up" we know from experience!!! Congratulations on your adoption, I am very excited to meet Durant, I already love him so very much. I know you will give him a hug from me when you are in Addis. I am so ready to enjoy my 8th grandchild. God is so good.....
with love,
mom

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord! I love hearing how the Lord is moving. He does provide and we wouldn't be in this adoption process either if it weren't for His provision. :)