Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day!




I had a very nice Mother's Day on Sunday. Actually because of Matt's work schedule (Sunday is kinda a big day for Pastors) we went out to eat on Saturday night. I chose Red Robin!!

On Sunday morning since Matt left very early for work (5:30am) he had if worked out for my mom to come over in the morning and Carter served us breakfast. He got the muffins and donuts for us and even poured the orange juice.

I got lots of fun presents from all of my kids (even the two in Ethiopia, with a little help from Matt)!!! It was a great day. So crazy to think my last one as a mom of three! Wow!

I could go on and on about how great it is to be a mom!! It's the answer I would give, even as a very little girl, to the question, what do you want to be when you grow up? It's an honor to be a mom and I am so thankful to God for allowing me to be a mom to all these great children!!!



Carter made this for me in art class!


Here's the letter he wrote me -
that would be sweet chocolate bar in case you are wondering!



Of course Mother's Day also holds a little sadness too. I can't help but think of all birth mothers on this day, but I especially think of three birth mothers. My kid's birth mothers. I wonder if their arms ache to hold the babies they gave birth to and I so wish I could let them know they are all okay. I am so thankful to these three wonderful birth moms that will forever hold a special place in my heart. They are brave and courageous women who gave me the best gifts ever!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

It's interesting how adoption changes your perspective on Mother's day. I remember all kinds of moms on Mother's day, birth moms, adoptive moms, foster moms, and stepmoms. It's not just childbirth that makes you a mom. It's love for a child that grows in your heart. Happy Mother's Day to all moms.