Wednesday, February 28, 2007

We got a referral!!!

As I was walking home from picking my son up from school this afternoon, I heard my cell phone ringing. What's funny is that I don't usually bring it with me when I pick him up. It just happened to be in my coat pocket. Well, turns out it was my caseworker telling me about a little boy from Ethiopia. It was amazing that while my little girl was making noise and my son was telling me all about his day and cars were going by, the world could stop and be silent as I heard the information about my little boy.
I called my husband right away and we both went to our computers to look at his picture together for the first time. There are no words to explain how both of us can just fall in love instantly with a picture of a little boy half way around the world, but we did.
Of course we'll need to send his medical information to our doctor before we accept, but I just can't image not accepting it. He's beautiful. His eyes are so sad and in need of someone to just hold him and love him. We can't wait to bring him home!!!!
Thank you God! Please continue to keep us in your favor.

No comments: