Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fingerprints!!!!

On Tuesday we had our fingerprinting for BCIS. This allows us to bring children into the country. Even though this was our third time doing this, I was still a little bit nervous. But all went well. We brought the little ones with us so that was interesting. They did a good job of waiting!

The day was going to continue with a celebration at the Ethiopian restaurant, but Matt had a "feeling" that we just shouldn't go there that day and instead just go home. Well we did go home and shortly after getting home Ana had another seizure. This one was a bigger one that her medicine couldn't stop. We called 911 (something we've done a number of times before) and actually ended up needing to spend the night at Children's Hospital. This seizure lasted for an hour. We haven't had one of those super long ones in awhile. But Ana is home now and feeling lots better. She's still a little wobbly from all the medication, but she should be back to her usually fun self by tomorrow.

This does explain Matt's "feeling" and also why Ana had been sleeping really poorly the last several days (only sleeping for about 5 hours a night).

I totally wish I had the camera with me cause when Ana started feeling better she got to ride around the hospital hallway in a car. She looked super cute with her hospital gown on riding around in her cute red car while Matt and I tried to keep up with her IV stand!!!!

Thanks for your prayers!

3 comments:

Courtney Ann said...

Oh Nikki! I didn't know she was still having siezures, poor little one. and we are so happy about your news! you are amazing parents and people.

Heather said...

Oh Ana...I love you so much! I know God brought you into all of our lives for a reason. I learn more about life, spunk and strength from you every time I'm with you. I'm sending you cyber hugs for now...and can't wait to give you real ones SOON!
Love you!

Lo said...

gosh, thank goodness for matt's "feeling"!! poor ana - glad she's such a little fighter! we miss you guys! hugs!!