Sunday, March 8, 2009

We have news to share!!!!!


If you are reading my blog then you probably know that Matt and I do our best to walk on the path of obedience with God's favor. We want to follow the path He has for us and that path is now leading down the road of adoption..... again!!!

YAHOO!!! We are adopting again!!! You read it right!! Matt, Carter, Durant, Ana, and I will be adding TWO new members to our family!

Two awesome boys who currently live at our Addis KVI home. Matt and I first met them on each of our trips last summer. They are super sweet, fun, loving, and energetic boys. A is 11 yrs old and F is 5 yrs old. We hope to bring them home this summer.

We know sometimes walking on the path of obedience will cause bumps and bruises along the way. We have already felt some of these, but we know this is what God wants for our lives and we will take the bumps, bruises, and harsh words if it means we are walking with God's favor upon us.

We know it wont be easy, but we're going to do our best. Thank you so much for your support and prayers. We appreciate you!!


Once they pass court I will be showing tons of pictures!!!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations. I gave grandma Connie a hug from you boys.

Marc and Hannah Harter said...

WOW!!!! This is so cool, you guys!! God works amazingly through you, was just thinking the other day how many lives have already been transformed through your obedience - what an awesome gift! Can't wait to meet your new kiddos!!!

Mary said...

So excited for you guys and SO EXCITED to meet them when we are in Ethiopia! When do we leave? Oh yeah, 3 weeks, 6 days and 18 hours from now! Love you guys!

Lori said...

Harsh words?! No way. Congratulations....Pete and I are so excited for you. Not at all surprised, tho! I suppose it is an inevitable "job hazard!" (smile)

Lo said...

I kept meaning to email you 'cuz Jason's dad mentioned it last week - Congrats!!! Can't wait to meet them!! =)

Peggy said...

I just heard yesterday that you were adopting again and I'm so excited to see the details. Now, along with the question: Are they adopted? you will hear "Are they all yours?" : ) I have a friend with 5 children and when she gets that question she says, "Better full than empty."

I can't wait to watch your story unfold.