Sunday, October 7, 2007

Donations again....


As many of you know I have a heart and calling to continue helping children who are in need in the world. I am actively pursuing and praying about what direction God wants me to go with this. I will keep you updated.
In the meantime, I have an opportunity to send some donations over to the orphanage I visited while in Ethiopia. There is a lady in our area who is willing to deliver these donations for me! I am so excited about it.
I am in contact with the orphanage and they will be so excited to hear about things coming. The orphanage is called Abebech Gobena. There is a link to it on the right side of my blog. The mission of the orphanage is "To make children productive and responsible Citizens by satisfying their needs and protecting their rights, so that they can become self-supportive and contribute their share in the society." The woman who started this orphanage is amazing. She doesn't just want to house these children until they are grown, she wants to help them have a life after they leave. She is know as the "African Mother Theresa!" What a honor it was when I had the privilege of meeting her myself. She has received many awards and honors through the years. Her story is so amazing. I really hope you take the time to read about her journey.
I know many of you have asked me how you can help make a difference in the lives of people/children in Africa. This is a great way. If you are interested in sending some donations to Ethiopia, please let me know. I will gladly get them to this woman who will be delivering them. She is leaving the beginning of November. If you are interested please let me know. I can pick up your donations or you can drop them off to me. Also, monetary donations are always welcome at the orphanage.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hey Nikki - so what kind of stuff are they looking for or have the most need for?
Mary
ps - you are an amazing woman!