Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Six Months

Today marks the date of 6 months of Ana being seizure free!! Each month, I quietly celebrate, but making it 6 months is very exciting!! Hopefully this means her medicine is working and she will outgrow the seizures. Either way, we know this little girl is a fighter. She could have easily died several times already in her short life. The other day I packed away her medical bracelets (the ones she wore both times while in the hospital for seizures). I used to keep them on her dresser in her room as a reminder to me how fragile life is, how fragile Ana's life is. But now, I put them away because I found it made me sad and it held me back. I don't need them to remind me how close we came to losing her. I just want to live in the moment with her. Not in the past or worrying about her future, but just live today with her!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Amen! This is such great news, Nikki. With all the excitement about Durant, I had forgotten about Ana's seizures. God is good! And this is a beautiful picture of her, also!

Unknown said...

In many ways, you are my hero Nikk!

Christy said...

That's great...she is a pretty amazing little girl. She has been a blessing to us in just the short time we have gotten to know her. And Happy Birthday, Ana! We love you!